Most of my time is spent thinking about these things lately:
- Cooking big pots of curried chickpeas to get me through work lunches
- Muesli – mostly because the word “muuuuesli” is great. but it’s tasty too
- Paul Simon Pandora station. I click “like” on nearly every song. I’m going to use up my monthly hours very quickly, and then what?
- red aluminum water bottle – thanks sister. I drink infinitely more water now because of this lovely and practical gift.
- Yogi tea. Chai rooibos. Brewed in a big white teapot and served in tiny green mugs.
- Blogs that remind me that I’m pretty and valuable no matter how I dress, what I weigh or what my armpits smell like that day.
- The sun setting after 7:00 pm. (Oh pea-ess: happy spring!)
- Having a new personality that comes with my short blonde hair.
- The return of Fester to work tomorrow (!!!!!!)
- Cats on leashes. Acting like puppies on leashes. Getting looks from the neighbors.
- Mangoes and peace. (refer to photographic illustration below.)
There was a particularly good Peter Gabriel jam on pandora when this was taken. This is the sort of thing that tends to happen at our house around 8:10 on Sunday nights.
What’s rocking your days and nights lately? Call me. We can talk about muesli.
My husband made this graph after a conversation we had last night.
I think it’s hilarious. And sweet.
Sometimes I joke about how Anthony “invested when the stocks were low” when we talk about how I looked/acted/dressed at the beginning of our relationship compared to now. (I like to think his shares have increased in value.) I mean, at the time we met I was getting ready to graduate, and I dressed primarily in hoodies and converse. As Fester perfectly put it: “No one looks good in college.” I still hadn’t figured out hair/clothing/eye makeup/fitness. (I have a lot of youtubes and blogs to help me now!)
And the cats have been huge in all this. I’d like to thank those fatties.
It’s Thursday night and I feel like having a party! Lovens!
Gus and I looked outside to assess the snow situation early this morning.
In spite of slippery conditions, my organic produce box was still delivered early this morning. Snow and fresh produce on my doorstep when I wake up? I am shrieking with happiness.
Now we are all lounging/sleeping/drinking coffee.
I love you, snow day.
- Grow something in my yard and eat it.
- Watch Tombstone and Memento. And Mad Men.
- Write a play. Allow at least two people to read it.
- Have a dinner party. Invite at least two couples over. Serve at least three courses. A breakfast party is also allowed.
- Spend a day with just my Mom.
- Go for a bike ride with my Dad.
- Write and illustrate a children’s book with my sister. (If she is down.)
- Join a church.
- Paint my house colors I like.
- Quit my job. Get a new job.
- Say “no, thank you” to some important things, and not feel bad.
- Professional waxing.
- Shoot a firearm.
- Get my health in check: physical, optical, dental, etc.
- Organize the piles of stuff I have created around our house. And the piles of my childhood gathering dust in our basement.
- Do something with my hair that I’ve always wanted to do.
- Invent a cookie recipe.
- Have a photo shoot with my BFFs. Probably in costume.
- Take a class that gets me moving (dance, yoga, pilates, etc.)
- Decorate my bedroom the way I have been dreaming about.
I have delayed posting this, I know. I need six more things for my list. I am tired. Can you help?
What you want for dinner is: popcorn coated with bacon salt and several large hunks of raw frozen cookie dough. Eaten standing at your kitchen island while reading online gossip columns.
[PMS joke/reference here.]
And I wonder why I feel ill.
My 26 Things List is nearly complete. Stay tuned.
I mean really inside jokes. Like jokes between Emily and . . . nope! No one else!
Yeah. I have a handful of things I say to myself throughout the day that have nothing to do with anyone else. Sayings and references that only I would get. And, of course, I crack myself up with these inside-inside jokes. This is where my dopey grin originates from about 70% of the time. The other 30% is from unchecked coffee intake. Obvs.
He gets me.
The only time I blog lately is when I am supposed to be doing something else.